AUSTIN, TX – Meow Wolf is coming to Austin for SXSW this year.
An all-new, never-before-seen Meow Wolf experience will take place at the Spatial Holodeck, next to The Sunset Room, on East 3rd St in downtown Austin. The Meow Wolf Experience will be open to the public from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. March 11-14.
According to Meow Wolf, Spatial will provide Meow Wolf with an interdimensional portal to The Spatial Holodeck, an experience with the infinite potential of immersive technologies to enhance human experiences, in real-world environments.
“Immersive audio is more than what you hear, it’s what you feel,” Meow Wolf said in a press release about the pop-up installation.
The Meow Wolf tourist attraction which has been described as an “immersive multimedia experience” at its location in a former bowling alley in Santa Fe, New Mexico on July 31, 2017. (MARK RALSTON/AFP via Getty Images)
Along with the pop-up installation, members of the Meow Wolf team plan to take part in a number of SXSW panels this year.
Meow Wolf plans to participate in the following panels:
- Meow Wolf Cultural Engagement Specialist Fawn Douglas will be a panelist at SXSW in the Visioning Alternate Climate Futures panel on the trail of climate change. Fawn will speak about conceptualizing alternative realities through Indigenous futurisms and a model of self-sufficiency through the lived experience of walking between two worlds. The panel takes place on Thursdays from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. CT.
- Meow Wolf Creative Director Ali Rubinstein will be on the panel during Metawhat? The Future of Real-World Entertainment on March 11, 2022 from 4:00-5:00 PM CT to discuss the future of entertainment through multi-sensory experiences, storytelling, and engagement.
- Didi Bethurum, VP of Marketing at Meow Wolf, will join the panel with WeTransfer to discuss brand personalities and unconventional ways to engage new audiences at Cut the Branding Bull – Weird, Wonderful, Wild Wins on the 12th March 2022 at 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. CT.
- A Peek Inside the Mind of Meow Wolf is the story of how the two creative powerhouses combined their different flavors of weird to create mind-blowing magic. Emily Montoya and Chadney Everett of Meow Wolf will be on the panel with Wieden + Kennedy to talk about the launch of Omega Mart in Las Vegas and Convergence Station in Denver on March 12, 2022, 2:30-3:30 PM CT.
- Genell Hoechstetter, Senior Creative Director at Meow Wolf, is one of four leaders in immersive experiences participating in the Trends and Challenges for Experiential Culture panel on March 16, 2022 from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. CT.
SXSW 2022: Dates, Tickets, Events, COVID-19 Policy Guide
SXSW 2022: Guide to film, music and comedy festivals
SXSW 2022: Guide to shows, installs, activations and pop-ups
DOWNLOAD: FOX 7 AUSTIN NEWS APP
SUBSCRIBE: Daily newsletter | Youtube
TO FOLLOW: Facebook | instagram | Twitter