One Club for Creativity ADC 100th Annual Awards Announces Best Discipline Winners
The One Club for Creativity announced the top discipline winners for the CDA’s 100th annual awards, as voted on by its global juries of top creative leaders.
All of the Best of Discipline winners were unveiled today in preparation for the announcement of all Cube and CDA 100th Annual Award winners on June 9 during Creative Week 2021. Responsible Creative Teams of some of this year’s top winners will discuss their work with panelists in live streaming panel sessions.
The complete list of CDA’s 100th Annual Best Discipline Award winners is as follows:
- Advertising: Ingo Stockholm with DAVID Miami and Publicis Bucarest “Moldy Whopper” for Burger King
- Brand design / communication: Dadada Studio / Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Vilnius (Lithuania) “Museum of Thousands of Names – Identity for Warsaw” for the Warsaw Ghetto Museum
- Experiential design: DDB Germany Berlin with MediaMonks Hilversum and Blockworks London “The Uncensored Library” for Reporters Without Borders
- Styling: Yuzhao Huang London for the personal project “The Spomeniks”
- Illustration: The New Yorker New York with Kadir Nelson Los Angeles for his own “Say Their Names”
- In-House: Spotify In-House New York “Alone With Me” for Spotify USA
- Integrated: INGO Stockholm with DAVID Miami and Publicis Bucarest “Moldy Whopper” for Burger King
- Interactive: Spotify In-House New York “Alone With Me” for Spotify USA
- Motion / Film / Gaming Craft: BBDO Group Germany Dusseldorf with BWGTBLD Berlin “#ENDviolence – More Than A Mark” for Unicef Deutschland
- Packaging design: Bruketa & Zinic & Gray Zagreb “Untouched by Light” for Radgonske Gorice
- Photography: The New York Times Magazine New York for its own “Democracy by Mail”
- Publication design: Condé Nast, Vanity Fair with Amy Sherald “Breonna Taylor Cover” for Vanity Fair
- Product Design: McCann New York with JSM Music New York and Hungry Man Los Angeles, “True Name” for Mastercard
- Spatial design: Atelier Brückner Stuttgart “Atelier Audemars Piguet Museum” for Audemars Piguet
- Typography: Ben Johnston Toronto “Kūtu / Nest Mural” for Start India
Ingo Stockholm with David Miami and Publicis Bucharest won two Best of Discipline awards in Advertising and Integrated, both for Burger King ‘Moldy Whopper’.
Spotify In-House New York also won two Best of Discipline in In-House and Interactive awards for “Alone With Me”.
Creative teams confirmed so far to talk about their work Best of Discipline 100th Annual ADC Awards on June 9 during Creative Week Online include:
- Of Vanity Show, Radhika Jones, editor-in-chief, Kira Pollack, creative director, and Justin Long, design director, in conversation with Donna Payne, creative director at Faber & Faber in London and chair of the jury for the 100th publication of the ‘ADC.
- Kadir Nelson, Los Angeles-based illustrator responsible for The New Yorker‘s “Say Their Names,” interviewed by a CDA 100th Illustration juror.
- Toronto artist and designer Ben Johnston in discussion with 100th ADC Typography Jury Chairman Bobby C. Martin Jr., Co-Founder, Champions Design New York.
- Wassim Melki, senior designer and project manager at Atelier Brückner in Stuttgart, interviewed by the president of the ADC 100th Spatial Design jury Abha Narain Lambah, principal architect at Abha Narain Lambah Associates in Mumbai, about the “Audemars Piguet Workshop Museum” for Audemars Piguet.
About Creative Week 2021
Under the banner “Connect. Provoke. Inspired. Creative Week 2021 will feature The One Show 2021, CDA’s 100th Annual Historic Awards, Young Ones Student Awards and Special Type Directors Club Awards Ceremonies, dozens of general programming panels and workshops through awards, agency, main and educational milestones, and premium events on the VIP stage, including the Executive Creative Summit for agency directors.
In addition to the rewards and VIP events, other highlights of the Creative Week 2021 general session are:
- Five sessions hosted by leading interactive entertainment company Epic Games on how gaming technology empowers creators and redefines pipelines for visual effects, filmmaking, interactive experiences and more;
- Health Pharm with McCann Health, examining everything a designer needs to know about healthcare advertising;
- Global Media Talks, where top advertising publications in 10 countries and regions host a series of weeklong panels with top creatives in their market to discuss creative trends;
- Sessions on important topics on inclusion, diversity and gender equality;
- Virtual tours of the offices of some of the industry’s most prominent advertising and design agencies;
- Educator summit and student programming, including portfolio reviews and agency recruiting sessions.
- Registration and ticketing for Creative Week 2021 are now open, with three pricing tiers per region to make the festival more affordable in markets around the world. Content on the awards stage, including all special One Show, ADC, Young Ones and TDC awards ceremonies, is free.
The Creative Week 2021 brand was created by Benny Gold, Senior Graphic Designer, Goodby Silverstein Partners, San Francisco.