WCA – West Chin Architect is an award-winning, published architecture and interior design firm with offices in Manhattan’s Flatiron District, East Hampton, NY and Miami, FL. We are looking for a senior architectural designer, with at least 7-10 years of experience in high-end modern residential, to join our New York team. The majority of our work involves executing high-end residential design, from base construction to loft renovations to townhouses. Due to increased workflow, we are currently looking for a seasoned architect with interior experience and strong organizational and communication skills. Architects with extensive experience in construction administration and project management are preferred.
Design & Development
- Prepare designs to meet client objectives, project constraints, and execution of corporate design vocabulary and philosophy, while guiding, coaching, and managing junior staff.
- Develop a complete project from design to installation keeping in mind WCA vocabulary, client objectives and senior guidelines.
- Participate in the coordination of design within the company, i.e. between architecture, interior design, decorators and graphic designers, and between clients, consultants and the company.
- Review documents to ensure they incorporate and accurately reflect design intent.
- Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers.
- Lead a team to create and deliver presentations and contract documents based on company standards.
- Produce and deliver quality and timely sets of contract documents, including drawings, specifications, sample tables and reports, as required for each unique project.
- Work independently with strong organizational and communication skills, attention to detail and self-management.
- Respond to inquiries and resolve issues that arise during construction.
- Review submittals, shop drawings, substitutions, and field conditions to ensure they conform to the design.
- Participate and report on field visits.
- Perform checklist reviews.
- 7-10 years old min. of full-time postgraduate experience in all phases of high-end modern residential architecture and design, including schematic design, design development, construction documents, through administration construction ; preference will be given to those with experience in New York.
- Ability to produce fully detailed and fully coordinated construction documents. Working examples must demonstrate, in addition to technical excellence, a strong design sensibility
- Exceptional leadership, organizational, communication, coordination and relationship management skills.
- Ability to work with a project team and effectively manage internal staff and external consultants.
- Ability to maintain primary contact and interface with client as well as client’s consultants including engineers, class shippers and specialist vendors.
- Motivated and able to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of a variety of intricate manufacturing and engineering design details.
- Knowledge of New York building codes and ADA compliance requirements is a must.
- Proficiency in the following software: AutoCAD, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite; Skills in SketchUp and/or Rhino 3D are a plus.
This is a full-time, in-person position in New York City with a competitive salary commensurate with the candidate’s experience and qualifications. It is strongly preferred that the candidate be a current resident of the New York area. Unfortunately, we are unable to consider applicants without authorization to work in the United States. We cannot consider remote arrangements.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter with salary requirements, current resume and portfolio to [email protected], noting the position in the subject line. Please limit attachments to less than 10MB.
Back to task list…