Virtually on display University of Guam undergraduate art exhibit
Through a virtual exhibit, the public can view more than 100 two-dimensional and three-dimensional works by 17 students in the Fine Arts program at the University of Guam.
The University of Guam’s annual undergraduate exhibition, curated by Isla Center for the Arts, features 108 works of art that can be viewed at islacenter.wixsite.com/uogundergradshow2021 until June 30.
The faculty has selected the following artists for the Best-in-show awards:
- Environmental Artworks and Best of 3D Design: Hunter Orland.
- Ceramics: Sydney Prudente.
- Charcoal: Chie Collard.
- Digital Art: Anthony Gallego.
- Pencil: Stephanie Verroya.
- Ink: Yenni Liao.
- Painting: Sarah Johnson.
- Engraving: Akihisa Matsunaga.
- Sculpture: Madison Orland.
- Watercolor: Tonya McDaniel.
- Honorable mention in watercolor: Roybert Bautista.
On the exhibition website, viewers can view the artwork, artist statements, and audio and video files. Top performing artists share details about their creative process, and other students explain why they chose fine art as their specialty. They also describe their experiences as a student during the pandemic.
The gallery management and exhibition design class set up the website, with Alecsandrew Gan, Margaret Espino and Sydney Prudente uploading, editing and curating the exhibition.